Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes for the pasta
Yield: 8 cups
- 8 oz tricolor fiori pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4 oz smoked turkey, cubed*
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs lowfat milk
- 2 Tbs ranch dressing and seasoning mix, such as Hidden Valley
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water. Place in a large serving bowl. Add peas, carrots, cheese and smoked turkey.
2. Mix the mayonnaise, milk and dressing mix in a small bowl. Pour over the pasta mixture. Stir well to combine.
How kids can help: Mix the ranch dressing; stir it into the pasta.
Per serving (1 cup): 217 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated), 522 mg sodium, 19 mg cholesterol.
*If you get the turkey from the supermarket deli, ask for 1/2-inch slices.