Prep: 10 minutes
Cook/stand: 22 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb turkey cutlets, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 21/2 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 small zucchini, cut into inch-thick half-moons
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 11/2 tsp curry powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 11/3 cups quick-cooking couscous
- 3 Tbs slivered almonds, optional
1. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add turkey, onion and garlic. Cook 7 minutes, stirring, until turkey is white. Add broth, cauliflower, zucchini and pepper.
2. Stir in curry and cinnamon. Cover and cook for 9 or 10 minutes, or until the turkey is done.
3. Stir in couscous and cover pan. Remove from heat and let stand, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds before serving, if you'd like.
How kids can help: Cut red pepper with plastic knife; measure ingredients; fluff couscous with fork.
Per serving: (2 cups): 457 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated), 995 mg sodium, 56 mg cholesterol