Under the Sea
* All materials are available in crafts stores and/or hardware stores. You'll also need hot glue or craft glue and scissors.
2 google eyes
2 black pom-poms
Red fleece balaclava
10 red pipe cleaners
5 feet red plastic tubing
½ yard red felt
Bubble wrap, 18 x 8 inches
6 black pipe cleaners
3 red paper plates
½ yard self-adhesive Velcro
Red vest or sweatshirt
Glue google eyes to black pom-poms, then glue the pom-poms to the front of the balaclava for eyes. Wrap a small piece of red pipe cleaner around the end of two 12-inch pieces of tubing for antennae. Glue them under eyes, as shown.
1. Glue red felt to both sides of bubble wrap. Wrap two red pipe cleaners around felt (about 3 inches apart) to create vertebrae ridges.
2. Cut six 6-inch pieces of red tubing for legs. Push pieces of black pipe cleaner through all of them, leaving an inch or so of pipe cleaner sticking out one end. Wrap a red pipe cleaner about 2 inches around the other end of tubing. Glue 3 legs to each side of the middle of felt tail.
3. Glue 2 paper plates together, side by side, and glue a third plate centered over the first two. Then glue the plates to the end of the felt portion of the tail to make flippers.
4. Attach tail to upper back of vest or sweatshirt with Velcro.