Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Bake time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 oz fresh (or frozen, defrosted) baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 mini-pizza crusts (such as Boboli)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella
- 2 Tbs grated parmesan
- 1 Tbs olive oil
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Put spinach in a microwave-proof casserole dish. Season to taste, and sprinkle with water. Cover with plastic wrap, and pierce to vent. Cook on high for two minutes. Drain cooked spinach well.
2. Mix ricotta and garlic powder in a small bowl. Place the pizza crusts on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread half the ricotta mixture on each pizza crust. Top each pizza with cooked spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Cool slightly and cut each pizza in half to serve.
How kids can help: Sprinkle water on spinach; mix ricotta and garlic powder; put topping on the pizza.
Per serving: 352 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated), 637 mg sodium, 24 mg cholesterol