Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 to 7 hours
Yield: 8 servings
* Cooking spray
* 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 lb Italian-style turkey sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 1/2 tsp jarred chopped garlic
* 1 1/2 tsp oregano
* 28-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
* 6-oz can tomato paste
* 14-oz can artichoke hearts, drained
* 4-oz can sliced black olives, drained
1. Coat a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In the slow cooker, combine the chicken, turkey sausage, onion, bell pepper, garlic, oregano, tomatoes, and tomato paste.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or until meat is done.
3. Stir in the artichoke hearts and olives. Cook 10 more minutes. Serve with rice.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients.
Per serving: 326 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated), 794 mg sodium, 121 mg cholesterol.