This is a great go-to snack idea from our friends at Young Chefs Academy that kids love and you can feel good about serving. Get the kids in the kitchen to help prepare the recipe from gathering and measuring ingredients to assembling the English muffins.
Read It, Place It, Create It!
Remind kids (and yourself) to read the instructions all the way through before getting started. Then get everything out and prepared – now you’re ready to cook!
- 7 oz. can crab or chicken, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 12 slices of Kraft Singles cheese
- 1 pkg. English muffins
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Baking sheet
- Mix first 4 ingredients together. Split muffins apart.
- Place a slice of cheese on each muffin half and spread with crab/chicken mixture. Cut into quarters.
- Place on baking sheet and into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Makes about 48 bite-size pieces.
Note: These can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer. Heat as directed.