7 'A-peeling' Orange Recipes
February 6, 2013
Check out these fun and delicious recipes with oranges to give your kid a boost of vitamin C:
1. Chocolate-Dipped Oranges Dip orange slices into melted chocolate and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
2. Orange Angels Add 1 Tbsp fresh orange zest to boxed angel-food cake mix and bake as directed.
3. Easy Orange Icing Add 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice to 1 cup powdered sugar. Use to ice cookies, cupcakes, and cakes.
4. Morning Joy Add 1 Tbsp fresh orange zest to your favorite pancake recipe and top with orange marmalade instead of syrup.
5. Orange Cream Cookies Swap white chocolate chips for milk chocolate chips and add 2 Tbsp fresh orange zest to your favorite chocolate-chip cookie recipe.
6. Dream Pops Combine Greek yogurt with fresh orange juice, orange zest, and 1 Tbsp honey (for kids over 1). Freeze in ice-pop molds until solid.
7. Orange Roast Squeeze 2 oranges over a whole roasting chicken. Stuff the squeezed oranges inside the chicken and roast at 400°F for 20 minutes per pound, breast side down.