Hip, hip, hooray! Summer is almost here. And that means parents everywhere, including me, are freaking out. What are we going to do all summer with our kids? How can we keep them learning without relying on workbooks?
Well, I've got you covered. Here are my ten favorite resources to stop the summer slide.
1. Weekly Play Planner
Sign up to receive free weekly creative play ideas for summer. (Play = learning. Really.)
2. Summer Motivation Points
Motivation chart, points, rewards, and no summer slide!
3. Best Pinterest Boards for Summer Learning
For early readers.
4. Best Children's Books in a Series for Summer Reading
Books in a series that kids love - ages three to ten.
5. Summer Activity Jars
Put your summer ideas in these cute mason jars!
6. Kid Blogger Network Pinterest Board of Activities & Crafts
Almost 7,000 craft and activity pins from 133 kid bloggers. You'll never be bored again.
7. Scholastic Summer Challenge
Online reading challenge.
8. Summer Adventure Boxes
These look fun! Make boxes with books and play activities around your child's interest.
9. 40 Fun Activities With Blocks
From Legos to wooden blocks, anytime you play with blocks, you're learning.
10. Weekly Summer Schedule - Boredom Busters
I love this idea -- a theme for each day.
Don't these ideas make you wish it were summer already?