LEGO Up Boy’s Nose for Three Years
August 9, 2012
© Benjamin Esham/Flickr
Kids stick all sorts of things up their noses, much to their parents’ chagrin. But 6-year-old Isaak Lasson took this childhood rite of passage to a whole new level.
Isaak had suffered from terrible sinus problems for three years, according to KSL.com. Countless trips to the doctor and regular rounds of antibiotics did nothing to help his breathing difficulties. It seemed that no one could figure out the cause of his problems.
Thankfully, this July one doctor took a closer look and noticed that there was something deep inside Isaak’s nostril. His parents had no idea what he could have stuffed up there, and the only thing the boy could recall storing in his nose was spaghetti.
Eventually, a specialist was able to extract the object. It was not a strand of pasta, but a large, moldy LEGO piece. Yuck! His parents speculate that their son bent the flexible LEGO tire in half and that it later opened up once it made its way into his sinuses.
Isaak’s dad, Craig Lasson, felt awful about missing it. "You ask yourself, ‘Am I a bad parent because I didn't catch it sooner?' But the doctors just kept prescribing antibiotics," he told KSL.com. "We just didn't know."
Now little Isaak is breathing, sleeping, and eating better. His energy level is also up, thanks to the fungus-covered LEGO’s exit. Isaak says he thinks the whole thing was pretty cool. We just hope he’s learned his lesson.
Has your kid ever stuck anything crazy up their nose? Leave a comment.