Living in Orlando, Florida, we have access to lots of world-class resorts, and I’d long wanted to stay at the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate. I’d dined there often with a group of friends and had dreamed of a cabana day spent poolside with mojitos and a new issue of Vanity Fair.
Now, as a new parent, my idea of a perfect vacation spot has been redefined: warm, shallow water; an endless supply of fresh, dry towels; a poolside restaurant that serves quesadillas; and a zero-entry pool with a slip-free surface.
On that note, everything about our Omni stay worked so well for our family:
- A crib was already in our room upon arrival, as well as a mini refrigerator, which I requested for our daughter’s milk and meals.
- The free self-parking is plentiful and convenient. (This is a rarity at similar resorts, and the valet service here was only $14.)
- Beautifully landscaped grounds and gardens as well as endless paths on the surrounding golf courses made long stroller walks really easy and enjoyable.
- An outdoor gas fire pit was built so we could enjoy it from one of the surrounding rocking chairs without worrying about our daughter’s safety.
- There was a nice playground near the pool area.
If our daughter were older we could have taken advantage of Camp Omni Kids Escape, a kids club that specializes in providing evening care for children while adults enjoy dinner out on their own.
What features do you look for in a hotel or resort now that you have kids? What’s your favorite kid-friendly resort?