You’re always telling your kids to eat their vegetables, but now it turns out broccoli in some packaged foods may not be so good for them after all. Taylor Farms Pacific is voluntarily recalling some packaged foods containing broccoli after testing positive for the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes. Listeria can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young kids, elderly people, and those with weak immune systems. Pregnant women are at increased risk for Listeria, which can result in serious pregnancy complications, and even miscarriage or stillbirth.
Plus: I’m Pregnant —What’s Safe to Eat?
The broccoli can be found in products with expiration dates from Feb. 7, 2011, to March 7, 2011. The products were distributed in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington. They were sold at Safeway, Vons, Pavilions and Pak N' Save stores.
The products are:
- TFarms, Snack Pot Penne Alfredo 8/10.75 oz Tray
- Raley's, Asian Pasta Toss 1/12 oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Veggie Pleaser 4/23 oz Tray
- Raley's, Yellow Curry Chicken Rice Bowl 17 oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Veggie Pleaser 1/23 oz Tray
- Raley's, Veggie Blend 4/12 oz
- Raley's, Cheese Stuffed Shells W/Rustica Tomatoes Sauce 14 oz
- TFarms, Snack Pot Pasta Primavera 8/12 oz Tray
- Raley's, Grilled Chicken Breast W/Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 14 oz
- Raley's, Vegetable 1/3(hash) Tray
- Raley's, Broccoli Rice & Cheese 16 oz Tray
- Raley's, Vegetable & Dip Pre-made Impulse 1/28 oz Tray
- Raley's, Udon Pork Noodle Bowl 17 oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Mediterranean Snacker Tray 4/34 oz
- Raley's, Udon Chicken Noodle Bowl 17 oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Mediterranean Snacker Tray 1/34 oz
- Raley's, Family Grilled Chicken Penne Alfredo 37.5 oz Tray
- Raley's Vegetable Catering Kit