More than 1,000 moms revealed how they really felt about giving birth
+ All Delivery answers (271)
most popular questions
- Secrets to a happy (and healthy!) pregnancy. There's a wide range of normal weight, how to deal with emotions and more
- Delivery options for breech babies, how to deliver breech babies, c-section for breech babies
- Keeping tabs on your baby during labor
- Are you on the same wavelength as your doctor or midwife? Our list of questions will help you judge whether you have the best person to see you through childbirth
- Some women require surgery to treat retained placenta
- Here’s what to consider if you’re planning a birth at home
- What to ask when looking for a childbirthing class? We'll help you find the right course for you and your partner.
- Defining the risks of this proceedure
- If you're in labor, many hospitals won't give you pain medication (like and epidural) until you're dilated to 4 or 5 centimeters, but the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists says there's no reason to wait that long.
- Why more moms are opting for a cesarean, and what you should know about the risks and benefits of c-sections
- Delivery may be the ultimate payoff, but for some women, labor is its own reward
- Learn how the Due Date Calculator works, and find out the formula trusted by most ob-gyns and midwives to predict your due date.
- Mothers-to-be used to fear c-sections. Because women today have a say in how they give birth. some are opting for elective cesarean delivery.
- Why does labor hurt?
- True or False? Facts from Babytalk's labor and delivery survey. C-section facts, midwife vs. MD and more
- My first labor seemed to last forever. Will my second be just as long? The answer might surprise you.
- An easy way to minimize your post-surgery scar as much as possible
- From calculating due dates to weighing the risk of birth defects, our experts weight in on what's normal during pregnancy.
- Request this important test early on