What you and your partner can expect when baby makes three
Quick answers to what's safe and what's not
Old wives tales that might actually work!
Swimwear so cute you won't dread the beach
- Second trimester pregnancy symptoms, signs, stages and what to expect during months 4 through 6 of your pregnancy from Parenting.com.
- Pregnancy week 14, second trimester. During the 1st week of pregnancy, your baby weighs close to an ounce. You may begin to experience abdominal aches as your uterus grows.
- Pregnancy week 15, second trimester. During the 15th week of pregnancy, you may begin to feel short of breath, due to your uterus pushing down on your diaphragm.
- Pregnancy week 16, second trimester. During the 16th week of pregnancy, you may begin to feel the baby moving. You're still not showing, Your increasing blood and amniotic fluid volume, growing breasts, expanding uterus, and placenta have caused you to gain weight.
- Pregnancy week 17, second trimester. During the 17th week of pregnancy, your baby weighs about 5 ounces. Symptoms: Your uterus is about two inches below your belly button.
- Pregnancy week 18, second trimester. During the 18th week of pregnancy, your baby is conscious noises from the outside world. Symptoms: your uterus is now the size of a cantaloupe.
- Pregnancy week 19, second trimester. During the 19th week of pregnancy, your baby weighs about seven ounces. Symptoms: you will have gained between 8 and 14 pounds by this stage.
- Pregnancy week 20, second trimester. During the 20th week of pregnancy, your baby can weigh up to a pound. Symptoms: your oval-shaped uterus is nearly level with your belly button and grows a centimeter each week.
- Pregnancy week 21, second trimester. During the 21st week of pregnancy, your baby measures about 7 inches. Symptoms: your uterus rises about a half inch about the belly button.
- Pregnancy week 22, second trimester. You might be craving citrus or sugary foods, or develop an aversion to foods you once loved.
- Pregnancy week 23, second trimester. Your shape gets more rounded. If you had an "innie" belly button, it's likely now an "outie".
- Pregnancy week 24, second trimester. Faint red stretch marks may begin to stretch across your abdomen, hips and breasts now that your uterus has risen to two inches above your belly button.
- Pregnancy week 25, second trimester. Your uterus is the size of a soccer ball, and you're having vivid, lengthy dreams at night.
- Pregnancy week 26, second trimester. With two weeks left of the second trimester, your back hurts, your legs are cramping up, and your pelvic area feels heavy.
- Pregnancy week 27, second trimester. You may be feeling your uterus tighten and clench for as long as two minutes, which many women mistake for labor.
- Just-for-fun old wives' tales to predict the gender of your baby, from Chinese birth calendars to morning sickness to Drano. Find out if you're having a boy or girl today!
- Get-real ways to boost your health
- How having a baby will affect your relationship with your husband. Author Sarah Trillin discusses how her husband and she became best friends again.
- The top 50 questions we get from expecting moms: Is it safe to go tanning during pregnancy? Can I eat hot dogs? Here are our pregnancy dos and donts.
- Is it safe to use hair dye when pregnant? What pregnant women should know about piercing and hair coloring while expecting