What you'll need
Cardboard tube from an empty paper towel roll
Plastic-foam ball, 3 inches in diameter
Plastic serrated knife
Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
75 to 100 mini silk flowers
1 roll of 5/8 inch x 5 yards metallic ribbon
What to do
- Trace the end of the paper towel tube with the marker to make a circle on the middle of the plastic-foam ball.
- Using the knife, cut the traced circle approximately 1/2 inch deep into the ball.
- Hot-glue flowers all over the plastic-foam ball but leave space around the traced circle.
- Applya small dot of hot glue to one end of the paper towel tube.
- Place the end of the ribbon on top of the glue dot and wrap the ribbon along the edge of the paper towel tube once.
- Secure the ribbon with another dot of hot glue.
- Wrap the ribbon around the paper towel tube just below the first wrap. Continue wrapping and moving toward the opposite end of the paper towel tube while securing each wrap with a dot of hot glue.
- Cut a piece of tissue paper wide enough to wrap around the paper towel tube once and approximately three-fourths of the length of the paper towel tube.
- Cut slits 1/4 inch apart along the length of the tissue paper, stopping 1/2 inch from the top.
- Tape the top of the tissue paper to one end of the paper-towel tube. Streamers should fall freely.
- Glue the plastic-foam ball onto the end of the paper towel tube where the tissue-paper streamers are attached.
- Cover any exposed plastic-foam at the bottom of the ball with flowers.