Baby Registry Checklist
A registry checklist of essential baby gear from Graco, Chico and more, plus what to buy for your layette.
If You're Breastfeeding:
- Breast pump This purchase can make or break your nursing experience. If you’re going back to work full time, you’ll need to buy or rent a super-efficient (but pricey) double electric pump. But if you’re staying home, a much less expensive manual pump may be fine.
- Freezer storage containers or bags
- 4 to 6 bottles
- Nursing pads
- Nursing pillow
- Nipple cream
- 2 nursing bras for now (your size may change when your milk comes in)
- Can of formula in case of emergency (it's always good to have one on hand!)
If You're Bottle Feeding
- 4 to 6 small bottles
- 4 to 6 large bottles This may not seem like enough bottles, but your baby has the final say—she may prefer one type of bottle or nipple over another, so don’t buy in bulk until you know what works.
- Formula Two cans of powdered or six to eight cans of ready-made formula will get you started. You’ll receive plenty of free samples at the hospital and from your doctor’s office. Register at each brand's website to receive valuable coupons.
- Disposable bottle liners (if you’re using them)
- Bottle drying rack
- Bottle brush (with nipple brush attached)