Easy Exercises for Mom
Simple workout moves to fit into your day
Works the bicep muscles and shoulders
Note: Before attempting this exercise with your baby, make sure he can hold his head up easily – usually around six months.
- Stand up straight, with your legs hip-width apart.
- Contract your abdominal muscles to engage your core and hold your baby (or the medicine ball) slightly out in front of your chest, with your elbows bent at a 45-degree angle (and close to the sides of your body).
- Bring your baby (or the ball) in to your chest, then lower her down so she's at your thighs. Hold her there for 3 seconds.
- Bring your baby up again to your chest, and hold that position for 3 seconds.
- Do 2 to 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions. If you need a break, give your baby a hug.