You are here
- ‹ Prev
- next ›
- 1 of 5
* Paint a wooden clothespin black; let dry.
* Cut out bat wings from black posterboard, bend each to add dimension, as shown, and glue them to the clothespin.
* Glue the pointed ends of a toothpick to the clothespin for fangs, then glue on a black mini-pom-pom for the face and mini-google eyes.
- * Draw a face with marker on white mini-pumpkin (or white gourd).
* Pierce the bottom of pumpkin with a tongue depressor and insert an inch or two for handle.
* Drape pumpkin with a few layers of cheesecloth or gauze. Tie around neck with string, as shown.
Whoo! Owl (bottom)
* Glue large pom-pom on flat end of a mini-ear of Indian corn for a head.
* Glue 2 acorn caps to pom-pom for eyes.
* For a beak, fold a small triangle of construction paper in half and glue it between the eyes.
* Glue 2 acorn caps to bottom of corn for claws.
* Glue 3 feathers to sides and back for wings.
* Paint a paper cup black; let dry.
* Cut two wings out of black construction paper, bend as shown, and glue to cup's sides. From the same piece of paper, cut a circle with two triangles on top for the bat's head. Glue a black pom-pom to the circle, then glue it to cup for the head. Glue on google eyes. Let dry.
* Add a few beans, dried pasta, or pennies to the cup. Cover the top of the cup with a circle of black construction paper; glue paper to rim of cup.