10 Halloween Crafts Made From Household Items
We've got tricks for turning objects around the house—like baby food jars and cardboard tubes—into easy Halloween crafts. Plus, check out these spooky Halloween recipes
Spooky Paper Spider Piñata
- Black paper lantern
- Black tissue paper
- Black crepe-paper roll
- White and orange card stock
- Floral wire
1. Fill black paper lantern with small treats, and tape black tissue paper over the top and bottom holes.
2. Cut 16 strips of crepe paper, each 20 inches long.
3. Sandwich an 18-inch piece of floral wire in between two strips of crepe paper, and glue together. Cut eight circles out of the remaining crepe paper.
4. Glue each crepe circle to an end of each strip to make “legs.” Next, glue each leg to the spider body.
5. Cut two large circles out of white card stock, then two smaller circles out of orange card stock. Glue white and orange circles together, then add a black button to each “eye.”
6. Attach eyes to spider, add a cord, and hang. For tiny crafters under the age of 3, replace buttons with black pom-poms to create eyes and avoid potential choking hazards.