Download this stencil (right-click and save)
How to use these stencils:
1. Using a carving knife, cut a circle around the stem end of the pumpkin. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and fibers from the pumpkin's center.
2. Print your favorite stencil out. You'll need Adobe Acrobat, which you can download for free here.
3. Tape a stencil to your pumpkin.
4. Using a push pin, make a dotted outline of the stencil pattern on your pumpkin.
5. Peel the paper stencil off.
6. Following the dotted lines you've made, carve your design into the pumpkin.