Homemade Crafts for Kids
Fun, easy crafts and activities for kids of all ages using everyday items like beads, paint, bubbles and more
Inspired by Tibetan prayer flags, these playful garlands will spread good cheer and happy thoughts to your garden.
1. With scissors, cut six 8 by 8-inch squares of duck canvas.
2. Use acrylic paint to make fun natural shapes, like the sun, flowers, birds, trees, and the earth, on the fabric.
3. Wrap 1/2 inch of the top of the canvas flag around a piece of thick twine and adhere with outdoor glue, which can withstand the elements (we used Gorilla Glue). Then use binder clips (found at office-supply stores) to hold flag in place while the glue dries. Note: Start the flags at least 2 1/2 feet from one end of the twine so you have enough of it to wrap around a tree or a fence.
4. Do this for each flag, leaving 6 inches between flags and 2 1/2 feet of twine at the other end of the bunting.
5. Find two trees or posts and hang.