You are here
How to Make Bento Box Rusks
- ‹ Prev
- next ›
- 1 of 5
Ingredients for the rusks:
- Crust (or left over bread) from 6 pieces of bread
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Pre-heat the oven at 300 degrees F.
1. Melt the margarine, either in a pan on the stove top or in a bowl in the microwave.
- 2. Dump the bread crusts into melted margarine and mix well.
- 3. Pour the sugar over the bread crusts and mix it well.
4. Spread the crusts onto a baking pan (line it with aluminum foil for easy clean-up), and bake it on the bottom shelf for 20-25 minutes.
You can adjust the measurements any way you like. As long as there's enough margarine, the measurements are flexible. Try adding a dash of cinnamon once the rusks come out of the oven, too.