Fun Idea: Thankful String
- With a felt needle, string 2-cm felt balls ($10 for two needles, $20 for 60 balls; handbehgfelts.etsy.com) onto a thin 30-inch hemp cord; tie a knot at each end.
- Trim shaft ends of five feathers to be 1 inch.
- String two wooden beads onto each shaft.
- Place a 6-inch piece of braided cording against feather shaft (below beads), then secure to shaft by wrapping with hemp cord; tie off securely. Repeat with remaining feathers.
- Have everyone write what they're most thankful for on a small piece of paper; punch holes in papers and thread onto cording.
- Tie each feather between two felt beads on string; trim excess cording.
- Hang string between tepees.
Thankful String alternative: Create a paper chain and write what you're thankful for on each of the links.