- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips (73% cacao, just over 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a boil then immediately remove it from the heat. Stir in the chocolate until it is melted and smooth, then stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Let the ganace stand at room temperature for 5 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator and chill until the ganache thickens and becomes shiny and spreadable. This could take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the temperature of your refrigerator.
- If the frosting becomes too stiff to work with, reheat the pan ever so briefly over very low heat and stir until softened.
- Use immediately or store in a glass Mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.