This kind of shock, usually from an outlet’s spark or an appliance, can cause burns on the skin as well as damage to internal organs. For this reason, a doctor should examine the child as soon as possible. Cover any burns with gauze to keep them clean on the way to the doctor or ER. If the child's breathing or heartbeat has stopped, immediately begin CPR and call for emergency medical help.
Get the lowdown on the best kid and baby thermometers from moms who've battled high fevers—and won
An in-depth look at airborne irritants, contact dermatitis, food allergies and more
14 celebs sound off on the vaccine debate
From cradle cap to scarlet fever -- a field guide to common childhood rashes