If you suspect your child has ingested anything poisonous (alcohol, cleaning solutions, medicines, pesticides, or other toxic fluids), call the poison control center immediately at 800-222-1222. Their experts will instruct you on what to do over the phone. Do not attempt to give your child syrup of ipecac or activated charcoal on your own and do not encourage or induce him to vomit. Make the call, even if you’re not sure something was swallowed.
Get the lowdown on the best kid and baby thermometers from moms who've battled high fevers—and won
An in-depth look at airborne irritants, contact dermatitis, food allergies and more
14 celebs sound off on the vaccine debate
From cradle cap to scarlet fever -- a field guide to common childhood rashes