American Tack & Hardware (AmerTac)
Hardware stores, home centers and lighting showrooms from March 2009 through October 2010 for about $6.
An electrical short circuit in the night light can cause it to overheat and smolder or melt, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled night lights, remove them from the wall sockets and contact the firm for instructions on receiving a full refund.
AmerTac has received 25 reports of the night lights smoking, burning, melting and charring. No injuries have been reported.