American Tack & Hardware (AmerTac)
Hardware stores, lighting showrooms and home centers nationwide from March 2009 through January 2011 for about $7.
An electrical short circuit in the night light can cause it to overheat and smolder or melt, which can burn consumers or result in fire.
Consumers should stop using the recalled night lights immediately and unplug them from the wall. Contact the firm for instructions on receiving a full refund.
AmerTac has received 18 reports of the night lights smoking, burning, melting and/or charring, including three reports of minor property damage and one of a minor burn injury.