You are here

Be Amazing! Toys Recalls Monster Science Growing Spiders Due to Serious Ingestion Hazard

September 10, 2013
Be Amazing! Toys
Sold At: 

Authorized Specialized dealers nationwide from July 2011 through January 2013 for between $990 to $11,000.


The soft and colorful product can be mistaken by a child for candy. When the marble-sized toy is ingested, it can expand inside a child’s body and cause intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life threatening. The toys do not show up on an x-ray and need surgery to be removed from the body.

Product Numbers Recalled: 
About 26,500
If You Own This Product: 

Consumers should immediately take this recalled toy away from children and contact Be Amazing! Toys for a refund.

Consumer Contact: 

Be Amazing! Toys toll-free at (877) 798-9795, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online at, then click on Safety Recall at the bottom of the page for more information. 


None reported. CPSC is aware of one incident with a similar water absorbing polymer ball product in which an 8-month-old girl ingested the ball and it had to be surgically removed.

Manufactured In: