Dive equipment stores nationwide from July 2009 through May 2013 for between $70 and $90.
These soft and colorful products can be mistaken by a child for candy. When swallowed, they can expand inside a child’s body and cause intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life threatening. Similar toys have not shown up on x-rays and needed surgery to be removed from the body.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled polymer products and take them away from small children. Consumers should contact Doodlebutt for a full refund.
Doodlebutt, collect at (239) 313-9779 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
None reported. CPSC is aware of one incident with a similar water-absorbing polymer ball product in which an 8-month-old girl ingested the ball and it had to be surgically removed and two cases outside of the U.S. with one death.