Authorized Specialized dealers nationwide from July 2011 through January 2013 for between $990 to $11,000.
The hard and colorful toy can be easily mistaken for candy by a child. When the bead is ingested, it expands and can cause intestinal obstructions inside a child’s body, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life threatening. The toys need surgery to be removed from the body. Similar toys have not shown up on x-rays.
Consumers should immediately take this recalled toy away from children and contact Eco-Novelty for a refund.
Eco Novelty Corp. at (231) 222-4200 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
None reported. CPSC is aware of one incident where an 8-month-old girl ingested a similar water-absorbing polymer ball that had to be surgically removed.