Burners on Rangetops operating on liquefied petroleum ("LP" or propane) may fail to ignite or light if the gas control knob is left in a position between OFF and LITE, posing a risk of delayed ignition or explosion.
Consumers who are operating the product on LP (propane) gas should stop using the product immediately, turn off the gas supply to the product, and contact GE to schedule a free repair.
For additional information, contact General Electric toll-free at (866) 645-3956 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's website at www.geappliances.com/products/recall
GE has received six reports involving explosions in units operating on LP gas, including reports of damage to kitchen cabinets beneath the Rangetop. No fires or injuries have been reported.