Sometimes, it's easier to stick to the tried and true, like chicken pot pie and pancakes!
There's lots to love: minimal cooking, fun shapes, bright colors -- and delicious cool or at room temperature
With these recipes, it's easy to get supper on the table -- and even easier to clean up!
- This recipe can be made with a variety of vegetables, or even fruit!
- Sneak in vegetables by adding a few baby-spinach leaves before rolling up cutlets.
- Need a superfast meal? Try this quick and easy recipe from The 5:30 Challenge Cookbook.
- You can also mix with noodles for an Asian-inspired entrée.
- Packed with cheese and veggies, these egg dinners (one version for kids and one for grown-ups) are a quick fix to the weeknight dinner scramble
- An easy salad recipe that will appeal to both kids and adults
- One dinner, two ways: spaghetti with red sauce for the kids, and a chunky tomato sauce with mussels for their parents
- Hot dog buns are just right for baby panini, and the deliciously creamy Taleggio cheese in this filling melts beautifully. You could use fontina or mozzarella instead.
- Welsh rarebit is a slightly enriched version of cheese toast -- children will probably enjoy this version of "rabbit."
- Flour tortillas make an ideal "instant" base -- turning deliciously crisp in the oven. They are perfect for smaller children, who find the slimmer base easier to eat. Sometimes the air bubbles in the tortilla puff up a bit as the pizza bakes -- but they deflate as soon as it comes out of the oven, so don't panic! You can use your favorite tomato sauce recipe or store-bought sauce.
- A quick and easy weeknight dinner idea using pork tenderloin and herbs
- A quick and easy weeknight dinner idea using boxed soup, tilapia and prepared curry paste
- A quick and easy weeknight dinner idea using chicken, salad dressing and bread crumbs
- A quick and easy weeknight dinner idea using shrimp, beans and leftover veggies
- Even kids love this hearty, healthy soup with a tasty hint of citrus
- These burgers are a great way to introduce fish; letting kids make the patties and assemble the burgers can increase appeal
- Prepare these tasty dishes in no time flat!
- Bye-Bye, Birdie
- Prepare a delicious dinner in 6 minutes
- Kids like pizza dough so much you can disguise most anything