Watch expert videos on how to calm your kid’s meltdowns, or prevent them from happening at all
Big discipline mistakes you might be making (and how to fix them). Plus, get more toddler discipline advice
- When play time seems a little violent
- From hitting to lying, some of the worst things your child does are actually achievements you can be proud of!
- Rethinking this punishment with a positive spin
- Baby rooms that won't break the budget
- Our 5-year-old is extremely nervous about starting kindergarten, even though his older sister goes to the same school. How can we help?
- How and when to say no.
- Reality Check: Putting a Stop to Sibling Rivalry
- Reality Check: Stop Whining
- Food shopping with my 2½-year-old daughter used to be a nice outing, but now Louise refuses to stay in the cart. Inevitably, she has a tantrum, everyone stares, and I get embarrassed. What should I do?
- Reality Check: Rules and Regulations
- My toddler says that I'm a bad mommy when I discipline her. But worst of all, she says that she hates me. Should I say something back to her or just ignore it? Should I punish her?
- Our 3-year-old son loves climbing out of his new big-kid bed -- again and again. We're worried that scolding him to stay in bed is turning bedtime into a punishment. What can we do?