2012 Babytalk Pediatric Heroes Contest
Imagine facing difficult situations and daily challenges that can forever change a child’s life. Now, imagine how it feels to be the hero. We’re looking for “Pediatric Heroes,” those doctors who change lives by providing exceptional care for patients and parents, speaking up for the underprivileged and underserved, and making a commitment to children as well as to lifelong learning. Know someone deserving? Tell us about him or her in 300 words at parenting.com/heroes or by emailing email@example.com. After nomination is entered, enter again for the chance to win a $250 gift card!
- All entries must include the nominator’s and nominee’s name, city and state, email address and phone number.
- June 15, 2012, is the official close of the nomination process.
- Each entry may contain only one nominated pediatrician.
- Pediatricians may or may not be AAP members, but must be board-certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Seven pediatricians will be chosen by the editors of the Parenting Group (Parenting and Babytalk) to be recognized during a VIP reception at the 2012 American Academy of Pediatrics annual Conference October 20-23 in New Orleans.
- The Parenting Group is solely responsible for operating the Pediatric Heroes Nominations as well as selecting the winners. The American Academy of Pediatrics is not responsible for the process or awards.
The winners will be featured in an article in the November issue of Babytalk magazine.
Winners will be selected by the editors of Babytalk magazine and will be notified by July 31, 2012.
- Each winner will receive a $1,000 donation toward the children's health research initiative of their choice.
- Each winner will be honored at the annual American Academy of Pediatrics Conference in New Orleans, October 2012.
- Each winner will receive access to the VIP reception for himself/herself and family members.
- Each winner will be featured in the November issue of Babytalk.