Make your child’s birthday an artistic affair with these three kids birthday themes
* Supply a box of dress-up clothes so guests can get theatrical.
* Have them play charades.
* Put on puppet shows.
* Make instruments for a band.
* Indulge in face painting.
* End with a show-stopping flashlighted presentation of a cake decorated like a theater marquee.
* Get young artists to decorate everything from party hats to the tablecloth to their own cupcakes.
* Draw mazes and sidewalk games with chalk.
* Play Pictionary Junior if your celebrants can draw well enough.
* Have beat-the-timer tower-building contests using wooden blocks that kids can personalize and take home later.
* Challenge teams to build the highest freestanding tower using the same amounts of construction paper and tape.
* Serve a towering cake.