How to make a pink bunny cake for birthdays or Easter with Ring Dings and marshmallows
- 3 marshmallows
- Pink construction paper
- 2 black licorice laces
- 2 pink Jelly Belly Mint Cremes
- 1 black jelly bean
- 2 blue M&M's
- 4 spearmint leaves
- 2 orange slices
- 2 pieces hard-shelled Orbit gum
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Red food coloring
- 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- 1 cake baked in a (1-quart) Pyrex bowl
- 1 (12 oz) cake baked in ovenproof glass bowl
- 1 Ring Ding
- 2 Yodels
What you'll need:
- A serving platter
- A bread knife
- A large resealable plastic bag
Trimming the cake:
- Trim the tops of the two bowl cakes to make level.
- Cut one of the Yodels in half on a slight diagonal to make the arms.
- Cut the pink paper into 2 bunny ears, about 3 by 7 inches.
- Arrange the cakes and snack cakes on a serving platter as pictured in template.
Frosting the cake:
- Tint the vanilla frosting light pink with the food coloring.
- Spread the pink frosting all over the cake to cover.
- Place the coconut into a resealable bag and add a few drops of red food coloring. Massage the coconut and food coloring until evenly tinted.
- Press the coconut into the frosting to cover cake completely.
To complete the decoration:
- Insert the paper ears at the top of the cake.
- Arrange the M&M's, black jelly bean, pink Mint Cremes and Orbit chewing gum as pictured to make the face and teeth.
- Arrange the marshmallows as pictured for the bunny's tail.
- Outline the bunny's leg with a long piece of black licorice lace.
- Arrange the orange slices and spearmint leaves as pictured for the carrots.