These are great for children that are too young to catch a small ball as they may have a better chance of catching them with these containers. The detergent bottle catchers worked as well for us as the ones you purchase in the store.
Note: Parental supervision is necessary. The milk carton or soap container can be hard to cut, so an adult should do steps 1 and 2.
This project is rated AVERAGE to do.
What You Need
- 2 Plastic milk cartons or laundry detergent bottles
- Sharp scissors
- Colored electrical tape or “Painters” paint markers
- Ball to play with
What you do
1. Wash and let dry the milk cartons well before starting. It may be easier to cut the bottom off of the containers first.
2. Use the sharp scissors to cut the milk carton or detergent bottle. First cut off the bottom, then cut a U shape under the handle. Make sure you don’t cut into the handle so you can hold on the ball catch. (see photo)
3. Use the colored electrical tape or “Painters” paint markers to decorate the milk cartons.
4. Have fun playing catch and toss with these fun toys!