Shop The Story
Eating together as a family is a priority for most parents because it helps them bond with their kids and learn more about them. But cooking together can be just as important and even more fun. Aside from the promise of lots of sweet treats and one-on-one time with your little helper, you’ll also be letting them in on important life skills early on. Beyond responsibility and safety, cooking can be a way to boost their self-confidence, as they’re motivated to create and complete a project — otherwise known as your chicken dinner — that results in a major reward.
Fun Kitchen Tools To Use With Your Kids
- Peanuts Snoopy Hot Dog Toaster
- Star Wars Darth Vader Flexible Spatula
- Tovolo Pig Silicone Egg & Pancake Ring
- Mickey And Minnie Mouse Mixing Bowl And Spoon Set
- Harry Potter Gryffindor Silicone Spatulas, Set Of 3
- Disney Frozen Olaf Waffle Maker
- Joie Piggy Wiggy Little Egg Whisk
- Star Wars 8-Piece Cookie Cutter Set
- Egg Separator Fish
- Spaghetti Monster Colander Strainer By OTOTO
- Dinosaur Silicone Pancake Molds
- Mickey Mouse 90th Anniversary Slow Cooker
- Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer
- Stackable Colorful Measuring Cups
- Wonder Woman Popcorn Popper
- Tasty 3-Pc Cookie Sheet Set With 4 Cookie Cutters
- Gracula Garlic Twist Crusher By OTOTO
- Silpat Perfect Cookie Baking Mat
- Unicorn Silicone Pop Molds
- Chefman Immersion Stick Hand Blender
By following directions, and measuring ingredients and experiencing their chemical interaction (ah, the wonders of baking soda!), kids are applying the reading, math and science skills they’re learning in school. Additionally, they’ll gain a better understanding of nutrition labels and know when to steer clear of bad-for-you ingredients that not even mommy can pronounce.
Getting your kids more involved in the kitchen now will get them started on the road to self-sufficiency. Better yet, you’ll spend quality time together as you share favorite family recipes and collaborate on making something delicious. And those are experiences and memories they’ll want to pass down to their own kids.
Here are some of our favorite fun cooking tools and gadgets that kids and parents will love.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.