Being deskbound can tighten up your lower back and leg muscles. Try this move from Nancy Burstein, the president of On-Site Fitness, a New York-based firm that provides workplace wellness programs:
- Sitting on the edge of a chair, place feet flat on the floor, hip width apart, with hands resting at your sides.
- Extend right leg forward with the heel on the ground and the toes pointed up.
- Inhale as you lengthen your spine. Open your chest.
- Exhale and lean forward, placing hands on the right thigh. Slowly inhale and exhale for three breaths.
- Inhale as you return to your starting position.
- Repeat with left leg.