You are here

Get Answers

Sometimes it's nice to get advice from experts with a lot of letter degrees behind their names, but other times, you just need to hear what another parent (with a M.O.M. behind her name) has done that has worked. You've got questions? These moms have answers.

My fiance can't handle the way i coparent with older 2 children father

0 answers
I have a 15 year old daughter and a 8 year old son with someone I was with for 13 years. I now have a 2 year old child with someone I've been with for 4 years. We are about to call it quits because he can't handle the relationship I have with my ex and his parents. My ex mother is also my 2 year olds daycare owner/provider. She has treated my son as her own from day and has always been there for me more then my own parents, even after leaving her son. My fiance does not like the fact that I'm that close with them or how me and my ex coparent. We call each other whenever need be about the kids. We make decisions about the kid's together. We her along better now then when we were together. That's the problem. My ex also has custody of his 9 year old son and does not get along with her at all they don't even talk. My son will not sleep at my house anymore because he deals with really bad anxiety and when he was younger would wake up during the night scared looking for me and my fiance would get very upset now he doesn't feel comfortable being around him. He has different parenting skills. He is really stricked with his older son and feels that's how they should be raised. That's not how I raised my kids nor do I. I think I need to go for my children. He is making it seem like I'm picking my relationship with my ex over him. I have to think of my childrens and who they are comfortable around. Hellp please because I have a child with him as well.

*DISCLAIMER's Answers are provided by members of our community. While your fellow moms and our editors have plenty of great advice to offer based on their experience, it is not a substitute for professional medical help. Always consult a medical professional when seeking medical advice. All submitted answers are subject to the rules set forth in our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use