1. How does caring for my preemie differ from caring for a full-term baby? Are there any special measures or precautions I should take?
2. What medicines does he need, and how do I give them?
3. What is her gestational age, and how do I use it to monitor developmental milestones?
4. Do preemies have special sleep issues? How much sleep does he need? Should I allow him to sleep as long as he wants to, or should I awaken him after a certain number of hours and try to offer him a feeding?
5. How much and how often does my preemie need to eat? Should I use a "human milk fortifier" or high-protein formula to give her extra protein? How can I tell if she's eating properly and gaining enough weight?
6. How long can a premature baby go between bowel movements and still be considered normal? Should I worry if he goes more than a whole day without having a bowel movement?
7. How do I protect my preemie from illness and infections? What are the signs that she may need to see the doctor because of possible illness?
8. How should I take the baby's temperature? What is the normal temperature range for a preemie?
9. When can I take my preemie out in public, or let him meet extended family and friends?
10. How often should I bring her in for check-ups, and what should I expect at these visits?