- 1 (9-inch) round cake
- 1 can (16 ounces) plus 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Neon green and neon blue food coloring (McCormick)
- 2 large chocolate frosted doughnuts
- 1 marshmallow
- 15 brown M&M’s
- 1 Jr Mint
- 2 chocolate covered thin cookies (Cadbury Fingers)
- 1 small malted milk ball
- Bread knife
- 2 freezer weight zip lock bags
Trimming the cakes:
- Place the cake on a clean work surface. Cut the cake in half crosswise with the bread knife to make 2 semi circles. Cut one half in half again to make quarters. Cut one quarter in half again from cut edge. Discard the smaller piece.
- Arrange the cake pieces on a serving platter as pictured in template below using some vanilla frosting to secure the pieces.
- Use a 3-inch glass or round cookie cutter to remove a 3/4 inch piece from each bottom side of cake for the wheels.
Frosting the cake:
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the vanilla frosting into a zip lock bag.
- Tint 1 cup of the frosting neon green and spoon it into a zip lock bag.
- Tint the remaining vanilla frosting light blue with the food coloring. Spread the light blue frosting over the bottom half of the cake top and sides and make smooth.
- Snip a small corner from the bags with the frosting. Pipe decorative lines of green frosting over the remaining cake to look like the buggy top.
To complete the cake:
- Press the doughnuts into the trimmed lower half of the cake as the wheels. Cut the marshmallow in half crosswise. Place a marshmallow piece, cut side down in the center of each doughnut. Add the brown M&M’s all over the blue frosted cake. Add the Junior Mint at the corner of the green frosted cake.
- Cut one of the chocolate covered cookies in half. Arrange the whole cookie at the straight side of cake as the handle. Attach the cut piece, crosswise with some frosting to secure. Add the malted milk ball at the end.
- Pipe decorative dots of vanilla frosting all around the M&M’s and doughnut wheels.