- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1 (9-inch) square cake
- 2 cups thin pretzel sticks
- 1 tube (4.25 ounces) black decorating frosting
- 4 whole vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup ground vanilla wafers
- Wax paper
- Cookie sheet
- 1 small zip lock bag
For the cabbage leaves:
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Tint 1/2 cup of the vanilla frosting bright green with the food coloring. Place the corn flakes in a medium bowl. Heat the green frosting in the microwave, stirring every 5 seconds, until liquid, about 10 seconds. Pour the frosting over the corn flakes and toss well until the flakes are completely coated with the frosting.
- Transfer the coated corn flakes to the prepared cookie sheet and spread in a single layer. Let flakes set until dry, about 20 minutes.
Frosting the cake:
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the vanilla frosting into a small zip lock bag. Press out the excess air and seal the bag.
- Place the cake on a serving platter and spread the remaining vanilla frosting over the cake and make smooth. Press the pretzel sticks close together, vertically, all over the sides of the cake to make the fence. Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting. Pipe dots of frosting on the ends of some of the remaining pretzel sticks and press against the sides of the cake, lengthwise, as the fence posts.
- Pipe the sleepy faces with the black decorating frosting on top of the 4 vanilla wafers. Sprinkle the top of the cake with the ground vanilla wafers. Arrange the coated corn flakes as the 4 cabbages on top of the cake. Add the vanilla wafers as the center of each cabbage.