Prep time: 20 minutes plus 3 hours marinating time
Cook time: 8 to 10 minutes
Yield: 30 to 40 kebabs
* 2 lbs chicken tenders
* 3/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup honey
* Craft sticks
Note: Soak sticks in water for 30 minutes before grilling.
* 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
* 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Pound chicken tenders with a meat tenderizer on each side, flattening slightly.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, soy sauce, and honey and mix well.
3. Cut chicken into small cubes, about 1 ¿ to 2 inches (each tender yields about 3 pieces). Place chicken cubes in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
4. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade. Push each piece of chicken onto the end of a craft stick. Grill pieces for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until meat is cooked through.
5. Place sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
Tip: For kids who don't like peanut butter, serve barbecue sauce or ranch dressing on the side.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; stir marinade.
Per serving (6 kebabs with sauce): 291 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated), 282 mg sodium, 83 mg cholesterol