Yield: 18-24 cookies
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Raisinets, chopped
1 cup Sno-Caps, chopped (for either the Raisinets or Sno-Caps, feel free to substitute your favorite movie candy: e.g., Milk Duds, Junior Mints, Goobers)
4 cups popped popcorn (or you can use kettle corn, caramel corn, or your favorite popcorn)
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Set aside.
2. Using a mixer, beat the butter in a large mixing bowl until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla extract; mix well.
3. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add all the movie candy and mix until ingredients are well-blended. For best results, chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. With a 1/4-cup scoop, portion out the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, placing the scoops 2 inches apart. Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are just golden brown but the centers are still slightly soft.
6. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and immediately push a few pieces of popcorn into the top of each cookie before the cookie hardens. Place on a rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
Submitted by Michael CohenSee all 2008 Cookie Bake-Off Bonanza Finalists