Prep time: About 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
* 8-oz package cellophane noodles (in Asian-food section of supermarket)
* 12 precooked meatballs, cut in half
* 14.5-oz can reduced-sodium, fat-free beef broth
* 16-oz package frozen Asian-blend vegetables
* 1/4 cup peanut sauce (in Asian-food section)
* 1 Tbs peanut butter
* 1 tsp brown sugar
* 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tsp cold water
1. Cook noodles according to package directions and keep warm.
2. Combine meatballs and broth in large skillet; bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add vegetables; return to boil, then reduce to simmer, stirring occasionally. After 5 minutes, or when vegetables are crisp-tender, add peanut sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, and cornstarch mixture; simmer for another minute, stirring, until slightly thickened. Serve over noodles with additional peanut sauce, if you like.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients.
Per serving: 520 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated), 872 mg sodium, 65 mg cholesterol.