Makes 3 cookies per chef
Cookie Taco Shells
Each chef needs:
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
Pinch of ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 ½ teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
Aluminum foil (to share)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Shake your hips and get ready to mix! Stir the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Then whisk in the vanilla and egg. Mix lightly until smooth, then fold in the butter. Let chill for 5 minutes in the freezer.
3. Ladle the cookie dough into 3 circle shapes about 3 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Whie the cookies are baking, scrunch some aluminum foil into a log shape, about 12 inches long and 1 inch thick.
6. After the cookies have cooled for 1 minute, you must move fast! Drape a warm cookie over the foil log. Repeat with the remaining cookies. Once the cookies are cool, remove the foil carefully. You've just magically transformed the cookie into taco shells!
Sweet "Meat" Filling
Each chef needs:
1/4 cup Bean Appetit Flour Blend (see above)
1 teaspoon coca powder
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons milk
1 tablespoon chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Wink to each other, as if to let them in on the secret that you're about to trick someone. Combine the flour blend, cocoa powder, brown sugar and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Then add the olive oil, vinegar, water and milk and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Spray a mini muffin pan and pour in the cake batter. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean.
4. Even though you'll want to devour the cakes right away, let them cool enough so that you can break them up into small chunks to look like ground beef. Place the "meat" in the taco shells. Ask the person to your right, "Where's the beef?"
Each Chef Needs The Following Ingredients:
1 piece green fruit leather
1 slice peach
Rip the fruit leather into small strips and top your taco with "lettuce." Use a butter knife to cut the peach slice and strawberry into small pieces. Top your taco with your "cheese" and "tomato." Before tasting your tacos, shout whatever month it is (even if it's not April), then the word "Fools!'"—such as "February Fools!"
From the book Bean Appetit by Shannon Payette Seip and Kelly Parthen, with Carisa Dixon