You know that placing Baby to sleep on her back in a crib is one of the best ways to reduce the risk of SIDS. But what happens when you’re caught without one? Follow our list of dos and don’ts so you — and Baby — can rest assured.
- Use a car seat, infant carrier, or stroller.
- Call your hotel in advance and ask for a crib.
- Pack a firm, thin pad (like a bassinet liner) to place on the floor.
- Consider buying a portable crib, playpen, or bassinet.
- Use plump pillows, thick blankets, or comforters to create a makeshift bed.
- Lay her on a couch where she can get trapped between the cushions.
- Put Baby down in an adult bed with other infants or children.
- Sleep with Baby in your bed if you’ve had alcohol or anything that could make you less alert.