A step-by-step guide to swaddling a baby. The cozy wrapping allows your child to feel safe and secure, potentially helping to soothe a cranky, colicy baby.
1. Lay a blanket, preferably one that is meant for swaddling, in a diamond shape. Fold top corner down. Place baby on top.
2. Pull one side of blanket across baby’s chest. Tuck under opposite arm.
3. Fold bottom of blanket over feet and tuck behind baby’s shoulder.
4. Pull remaining side of blanket across the baby’s chest. Tuck underneath.
5. Properly swaddled, your cozy and content baby may even fall asleep.