Shop The Story
Your 2-year-old is surprising you with how they’re growing every day! Toddlers this age are learning so many new ways to use their bodies and their minds. They can kick and throw a ball, run, climb, scribble and build with blocks (aka, throw them or topple over what you build). A child this age also not only enjoys looking at books and being read to but is starting to understand the story and how it relates to them. You may be noticing that your 2-year-old has also started to imitate you and is engaging in pretend play; they’re an astronaut, a baker, a swimmer, a worm, a drummer, a lion, a princess.
Best Gifts For 2-Year-Olds:
- Step2 Splash Scoop Bay Sand And Water Table
- Mega Blocks First Builders Big Building Bag
- VTech Touch And Learn Activity Desk Deluxe
- Radio Flyer 4-In-1 Stroll N Trike
- Manhattan Toy First Soft Babydoll
- Fat Brain Child
- Top Bright Wooden shape Sorter
- Iplay, ILearn Kids Bowling Play Set
- LeapFrog learning Friends 100 Words Book
- Fisher-Price Little People Take Turns Spiral Speedway
- Melissa & Doug 4490 Deluxe Pounding Bench Wooden Toy With Mallet
- Little Tikes First Slide
- Yookidoo Bath Toy Submarine Spray Station
- The Wonderful Thing You Will Be
- Little Tikes Rocking Horse
- VTech Care For Me Learning Carrier
- LeapFrog Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart
- Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set
- Melissa & Doug let
- B. Toys Beautifloor Alphabet Foam Tiles
- Kid O Moluk Bilibo Purple Toy
To help support a 2-year-old’s development in this exciting new world, we’ve compiled a list of the best gifts for helping them continue to learn what they are capable of. From climbing toys to outdoor water play to the best books, games and puzzles, this comprehensive list includes classic toys and innovative new finds for tots alike. The good news is that whether your child is obsessed with pets, balls, cars, dolls or technology, there’s a gift perfectly suited for them.
The most important thing to keep in mind when choosing the best present for the peewee in your life (other than what they love to do), is, of course, safety. The toys here are made for 2-year-olds, but you’ll always want to think about how they’ll play with each product, as well as where, and supervise them at all times. Also, while these toys don’t pose a choking hazard, it’s always worth keeping in mind that before the age of 3, kids will still put pretty much anything they come in contact with in their mouths. Hey, at least they are starting to understand the meaning of the word “no.” Sort of.
Well, happy shopping!
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.